Another year has come and gone, and I wanted to take a moment to reflect. Reflect on how the year went, both the highlights and the lowlights. And then talk about how I hope this year to shake out.
- Another CrossFit Open in the books
- Fostered a pittie named Ruger – He got adopted!
- Joined in with CrossFit Together to raise money for the Mike Kennedy “Dork” WOD
- Got a tattoo of Cane’s beautiful face
- Vacationed in Mexico
- Went on a service trip to Arkansas to volunteer with animal shelters/rescues
- Worked out for a few hours to support the 24 hours of hero WOD’s to support The Navy Seal Foundation
- Tried Yoga & Orange Theory to raise money for Last Hope K-9 Rescue
- Grandparents visited twice
- Spear headed the “Wod-o for the doggos” fundraiser
- Experienced Acadia for the first time
- Got to visit Richard in Missouri
- Started my sternum tattoo
- Gave the kitchen a face lift
- Did the cutest little paint night paintings
- Did the Chad WOD and wrote about it to raise suicide awareness.
- Kelley & Eamons Wedding!
- Saw the Nutcracker for the 1st time
- 1st Year Sober
- Created this blog and wrote about some very personal things.
- Any time someone reached out to me to tell me a post meant something to them.
- Chance’s ongoing health, heart condition
- Caity’s mental health struggles
- House search failures
- Neighborhood violence
- Some disappearing friendships
- Richard’s military time away: 9 weeks in the summer alone
When you write it all out like that. When I think about the items that were truly highlights to me vs lowlights, it puts a lot into perspective. Overall life is pretty good. If we spend all year focusing on the good and what is making us happy, come the end of the year that’s what you’ll remember. Now I’m sure there were other lowlights, and bad days, but I didn’t let them be so significant that I remember them enough to add them to this list.
This past year has been a big personal push to not let a bad moment ruin a full day or week or my life. And going into 2019, I hope to continue this growth. I don’t believe in resolutions, but I do believe in evolving goals. So, as we enter 2019 my goals are simple.
Continue to do fulfilling things that make me happy. Continue to write. Continue to strive for more. Continue to self-accept who I am and love thy self. Continue to love my family. Continue to give myself a break.
Here’s to another year of happy for us all!